What treatments have you tried for epilepsy? What works for you?

https://www.carenity.co.uk/static/themes-v3/default/images/en/header/epilepsy.jpg

Patients Epilepsy

13 answers

Topic of the discussion

• Community manager
Posted on
Good advisor

Hi everyone,

As you may already know, the goal of Carenity is to help you exchange experiences and opinions, to help each other manage your condition in a better way.

So in this discussion I invite you to share the treatment for eplilepsy that you have to take every day, to be able to compare your experiences with others and to learn more about treatments available.

Don't hesitate to give your opinion if it can help others!

Beginning of the discussion - 16/11/2017

Posted on

Hi I am taking epilim 500! no side effects for now. What can they be?

Posted on

I am on the same and am interested ..... also if there is bad interaction with other meds.

Posted on

Hey epilim was the first medication I was given and one side effect I experienced was weight gain. Very quickly. Hope your well.

Faye

Posted on

Hi, over the years I have been on phenabarbitone,  epanutin, lamictal to control my epilepsy.

After 40 years, I have been found to have hydrocephalus and I have now had a shunt fitted.

Hopefully all will now be good, but I am staying on Lamictal so that I can continue to drive. 

Posted on

I take 200mg lamotrigine each day, luckily with no side effects. I was on Keppra(levetriceratam) prior to this which gave me lots of negative side effects in terms of my mental health.

• Ambassador
Posted on

I take Carbamazepine (3 x 200mg. daily) and Phenytoin (2 x 100mg. daily). With all medication, we have side effects, tiredness, loss of memory and more.

Both medications control my seizures but its taken at least 30 years on the same medication to do so!

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello everyone,

How are you doing today? Have you seen this older discussion? emoticon cute

What treatments have you tried for your epilepsy? What has worked for you?  Have you had to switch medications or treatments over the years? Have you had any side effects?
@Beth85@Michelle4280@Chantelle123@Paulayog@Stefers100@J9lorna@Ryley21@Adminops155@Cindylou@Silverwedding11@Emma723@Clare3kids@RachelHumph@peteracre@Jonboi67@wendyathalifax@simmy786@Epilepsy241982‍ 

Feel free to share your experiences and advice here!

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

Hi, I have been taking Lamotrigine 25mg tablets times three, twice a day for a long time, and it seems to work well.

That is 150 every day.

Baz

• Ambassador
Posted on

Since my last post, I've changed medications and been on the following:-

Tegretol (Carbamazepine), Vimpat, Lamictal and now Topiramate, which have all been tried separately.  I've remained on Phenytoin right through. I'm currently waiting for EEG results and will probably be weaning off Topiramate due to serious side effects.

Regret, at the moment I cannot find a compatible medication. 

Most commented discussions