- Home
- Forums
- COPD Forum
- Living with COPD
- Am I one of the lucky ones
Patients COPD
Am I one of the lucky ones
- 131 views
- 9 times supported
- 6 comments
All comments
Fideadoat7
Good advisor
Fideadoat7
Last activity on 31/03/2026 at 14:32
Joined in 2016
5 comments posted | 4 in the COPD Forum
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Explorer
-
Friend
Another thing and I can't recommend them highly enough ... Chillies the hotter the better ... very good for the respiratory tract ... I live on them ... raw or cooked ...
See the signature
Wendinthewillows
JosephineO
Community managerGood advisor
JosephineO
Community manager
Last activity on 15/07/2024 at 09:21
Joined in 2018
989 comments posted | 38 in the COPD Forum
7 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Evaluator
-
Friend
@Fideadoat7 Hello,
Thank you so for sharing your journey, it is so great that you improve year after year and continue to exercise. I am going to tag some members in this post so that they can share their COPD stories with you and read what you have said :)
@Hidden username @Waycheacrock @Drachiwock60 @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Gochel7 @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Cloojoweafit3854 @Hidden username @Craychal0 @Hidden username @Baykeyng884
See the signature
Josephine, Community Manager
Fideadoat7
Good advisor
Fideadoat7
Last activity on 31/03/2026 at 14:32
Joined in 2016
5 comments posted | 4 in the COPD Forum
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Explorer
-
Friend
No problem Josephine ... my life motto is never say never ...
...
See the signature
Wendinthewillows
Unregistered member
@Fideadoat7 It is good to hear a happy story :) still struggling a lot with mine, I will try the chillies ;)
Bocoavaiyeng
Bocoavaiyeng
Last activity on 08/03/2023 at 10:13
Joined in 2014
12 comments posted | 3 in the COPD Forum
Rewards
-
Contributor
-
Explorer
@Fideadoat7 Thank you for sharing this...I think I will buy some of those chillie for my wife. Lately she is suffering quite a bit, the cold weather really gets into her chest.
See the signature
Gefruaw
Unregistered member
I was told 2years 5 years ago. Stopped smokng and dr has me in. Anora inhaler my kast lung function test shows my lung age 56 years i am 67 but i still reach the criterua fir emphysema how can thus be uf emphysema is a terminal progressuve desease
Give your opinion
Members are also commenting on...
Articles to discover...
Medication fact sheets - patient opinions...
Subscribe
You wish to be notified of new comments
Your subscription has been taken into account
Fideadoat7
Good advisor
Fideadoat7
Last activity on 31/03/2026 at 14:32
Joined in 2016
5 comments posted | 4 in the COPD Forum
Rewards
Good Advisor
Explorer
Friend
I were first diagnosed in May 1999... the consultant who diagnosed me was quite negative and told me I'd be dead or bedridden in 4 years ...
However he soon got the push and I hooked up with a new one .. the best thing since sliced bread ... in September 2004 he put me forward for a bullectomy ... since that day I've improved year on year ... and my lung function tests get better ... I walk about 2 miles a day back and forth to work mostly up hill on the way ... I am still free of medication and live a full and active life ... ... In the words of my consultant ... I am his pride and joy ... his star patient ... .. Am I the only one who improves year on year