https://www.carenity.co.uk/static/themes-v3/default/images/en/header/copd.jpg

Patients COPD

5 answers

Topic of the discussion

Carenity Member
Posted on

I were first diagnosed in May 1999... the consultant who diagnosed me was quite negative and told me I'd be dead or bedridden in 4 years ...

However he soon got the push and I hooked up with a new one .. the best thing since sliced bread ... in September 2004 he put me forward for a bullectomy ... since that day I've improved year on year ... and my lung function tests get better ... I walk about 2 miles a day back and forth to work mostly up hill on the way ... I am still free of medication and live a full and active life ... ... In the words of my consultant ... I am his pride and joy ... his star patient ... .. Am I the only one who improves year on year

Beginning of the discussion - 11/20/18

Am I one of the lucky ones

Carenity Member
Posted on

Another thing and I can't recommend them highly enough ... Chillies the hotter the better ... very good for the respiratory tract ... I live on them ... raw or cooked ...

Carenity Member • Community manager
Posted on

Carenity Member
Posted on

No problem Josephine ... my life motto is never say never ...  ... 

Carenity Member
Posted on

@Hidden username It is good to hear a happy story :) still struggling a lot with mine, I will try the chillies ;)

Carenity Member
Posted on

@Hidden username Thank you for sharing this...I think I will buy some of those chillie for my wife. Lately she is suffering quite a bit, the cold weather really gets into her chest.

icon cross

Does this topic interest you?

Join 150 000 patients registered on our platform, get information on your condition or on that of your family member, and discuss it with the community

It’s free and confidential