https://www.carenity.co.uk/static/themes-v3/default/images/en/header/copd.jpg

Patients COPD

6 answers

Topic of the discussion

Carenity Member
Posted on

Do the clouds of vapour from these substitute cigarettes affect breathing in people with COPD & Asthma?

Beginning of the discussion - 8/21/18

vaping
Carenity Member • Community manager
Posted on

@Scotty 2 

Hello, 

I am not certain if they do or not. It would be very interesting to hear what peole with asthma and COPD have to say. It definitely can't help with the condition anyway!

vaping
Carenity Member
Posted on

Got to be honest after being a smoker the vap has really help and have been given up for nearly 2 years. I don't cough when using it not having cigarettes has improved my health 

vaping
Posted on

@Zonnie I am glad that it works for you zonnie. There is a massive surge in people opting to use vapes instead of cigarettes.

vaping
Posted on
vaping

Carenity Member
Posted on

Sorry I could not access the article.

Electronic cigarettes do seem to help smokers come off "real cigarettes " However speaking from experience it is the vapour that is affecting me. I have never smoked, but have had COPD for nearly 20 years.

My son (aged 50) started vaping to come off the real thing. In no time he was puffing almost every waking moment he was at home. It was like walking into a fog. After many rows he now confines himself to his room, though he smokes elsewhere when I am out. I can feel the effects of the particulates when I come home.

He argues that I am imagining it, but my monitor says my respiration is down and my pulse goes up when ever I inhale this vapour.

vaping
Posted on

@Scotty 2 Hello Scotty,

Please follow this link for the article and it should take you right there.

The study is interesting but like with every study, it might not correspond directly with you as everyone is different. If you are having such adverse side effects from even being around the vapour, then I guess it surely isn't for you. The article is interesting to read anyway, it would be great or you to share your opinion after reading it.

Have any other members had experience with vaping and their breathing problems?

icon cross

Does this topic interest you?

Join 150 000 patients registered on our platform, get information on your condition or on that of your family member, and discuss it with the community

It’s free and anonymous