https://www.carenity.co.uk/static/themes-v3/default/images/en/header/breast-cancer.jpg

Patients Breast cancer

25 answers

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hi

I had bc earlier this yr, lumpectomy April followed by radiotherapy. All has been fine until 1.5 weeks ago when I started to suffer pain, hot skin, hardening and slight orange peel on the same breast. I'e been to doctor and she eventually said she's refer me to the breast symptom clinic. What is this and why not to the breast clinic I went to before. I'm so worried my breast cancer is back!

Beginning of the discussion - 27/11/2017

Recurrence breast cancer

Posted on

Hopefully itis just a delayed response to radiation. Radiation does terrible things to the body and afterwards - even for years you get problems. It does sound like radiotherapy - good luck and hope everything ok! 

Recurrence breast cancer

Posted on

I' seeing the breast clinic in Thursday. I can't sleep I'm so worried 

Recurrence breast cancer

Posted on

@Nicnocnoo‍ hi I'm sure it's just the reaction from radiotherapy because it burns your skin & discolours it in the weeks after you've finished.  Has margaret says it causes so many things afterwards.  Didn't you get a care leaflet when you finished explains a lot on there. Should be a number also if your worried or speak to McMillan nurses xx you'll be fine 

Recurrence breast cancer

Posted on

Hi micmic 

Your right. It' a bad infection from radiotherapy. So relieved. Got antibiotics 4 times a day. X

Recurrence breast cancer

Posted on

Thank goodness! But radiotherapy does brings problems with it and you always worry when you get a pain or inflamation or just about anything! 

Recurrence breast cancer

Posted on

@Nicnocnoo fantastic news!!!!  Chin up & keep smiling ?

Recurrence breast cancer

Posted on

Will do x

Recurrence breast cancer

Posted on

Feeling so tired alately?? Anyone else get this? Xx

Recurrence breast cancer

Posted on

Tiredness is a large  part of it. I think you have to listen to your body- when it says rest - that is what you do. I gave myself small targets everyday - I would walk so far - even short distances- then rest. People talk about mindfulness - and it is useful. Try to live in the moment - appreciate what is around you and gradually your  energy should return. I'm a few years down the line now but I still feel I have not the energy I once had .