What was your age and symptoms initially experienced at onset?

https://www.carenity.co.uk/static/themes-v3/default/images/en/header/breast-cancer.jpg

Patients Breast cancer

2 answers

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hello everyone,

With breast cancer, a common warning sign is sharp pain or a lump with tenderness in  the breast. However, each person may have varying warning signs/symptoms that induce them to see a doctor.

We would love to hear from our members related to this experience:

What was your age when you first experienced warning signs/onset?

What were the initial warning signs/symptoms at onset that made you seek medical advice?

Is there anything you would recommend to others?

Beginning of the discussion - 12/03/2019

Posted on

My sister always had a certain spot of tenderness and itchiness in her left breast. It started about a year before the diagnosis, when she was 47.

Posted on

Hi I am new to this site

I am 73 years old and I was diagnosed in April with Grade 3  HER2 Pos and ER Pos breast cancer I had no symptoms it was found on my last ever mammogram to say I was shocked is an under statement, I had a lumpectomy and 15 rounds of radiotherapy and 1 year of Herceptin it has not been a walk in the park more like a tumble in bramble bushes

when I had my surgery they found another cancer starting in the duct so they took that aswell

I hate taking the Letrozole I went through the menopause 30 years ago now I am going through it again hot flushes night sweats  mood swings its horrible. Now I have developed Lympedema OH THE JOYS..

I find myself in a dark place at times seeing no light at the end of the tunnel but I will keep positive and keep fighting

love and hugs to all suffers and Merry Christmas to you all xx

Shirley