Sport and MS: Opinions? Tips?

https://www.carenity.co.uk/static/themes-v3/default/images/en/header/multiple-sclerosis.jpg

Patients Multiple sclerosis

6 answers

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hello,

I'd like to know if anyone bikes or does any other sport regularly with MS... It's a bit complicated for me but I'm trying to keep going... What do you all do?

MissMS x

Beginning of the discussion - 28/05/2020

• Community manager
Posted on

@Miss.MS Hello Miss.MS, thank you for starting this discussion!  One of our members shared his story about MS and sport with us in our health magazine, I'll link it here for you:

Nicolas' story: Pursuing athletic dreams despite MS

Hello members, do you do any sport? What do you do to stay active and how often do you do it? Do you think there are any activities that are more suited for people with MS? Feel free to share here!

@Sarah09@Wendy1965@Debbie212@Kelz00@Paula18@Broomlea164@Knibbs24@MSWarrior123@Mary-may@AnnMarie1757@Lester@Avbye1@Bookie@KClews@Melfie@Shipley71@Acceber@Jennibowles‍ 

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

@Miss.MS @Courtney_J Before lockdown I had started doing water aerobics once a week and it did me a world of good. I think being in water helps with movement and it holds your weight for you so it's less painful but it's a real workout too! Now that things are closed and I'm staying at home I've mostly been walking. I haven't tried biking as I think I have too much fatigue for that, but I'm sure that's good for you too!

Posted on

@ladymary thank you, I'll look into water aerobics. I'd thought about swimming too, but was waiting for things to reopen.

Posted on

@Miss.MS I really struggle with fatigue, so all I can really manage is some mild stretching and yoga. It's not much, but the stretching really helps for my spasticity and at least it's some sort of movement. I used to be very active so it's something I've had to come to terms with over the years. Keep moving if you can!

Posted on

I do weight bearing exercises every day. I love exercising. Alas I'd much prefer going to a gym that's lost as I dont have transport to go. Hope everyone is doing well cheers x

Posted on

As a former personal trainer I keep myself as fit as I can be. Alas ms does make it more difficult the fatigue is the worst symptom. Seems to stop me in my tracks. Xx

Most commented discussions