- Home
- Forums
- Multiple sclerosis Forum
- Living with multiple sclerosis
- Sport and MS: Opinions? Tips?
Patients Multiple sclerosis
Sport and MS: Opinions? Tips?
- 44 views
- 4 times supported
- 6 comments
All comments
Courtney_J
Community managerGood advisor
Courtney_J
Community manager
Last activity on 13/10/2022 at 16:47
Joined in 2020
1,277 comments posted | 58 in the Multiple sclerosis Forum
13 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Evaluator
@Priglayn73 Hello Miss.MS, thank you for starting this discussion! One of our members shared his story about MS and sport with us in our health magazine, I'll link it here for you:
Nicolas' story: Pursuing athletic dreams despite MS
Hello members, do you do any sport? What do you do to stay active and how often do you do it? Do you think there are any activities that are more suited for people with MS? Feel free to share here!
@Flaprung35 @Cecleaflogleyng9 @Hidden username @Jouclaygreysh737 @Feaprijear76 @Hidden username @3990Crigroosoong @Dutroash2877 @Hidden username @Gloatheyn487 @Hidden username @Coogouhail83 @Hidden username @Hidden username @2Plouflaideer @Hidden username @Hidden username @Plustot9928
Take care,
Courtney
See the signature
Courtney_J, Community Manager, Carenity UK
Cegreyplay51
Good advisor
Cegreyplay51
Last activity on 15/04/2026 at 16:01
Joined in 2017
40 comments posted | 31 in the Multiple sclerosis Forum
1 of their responses was helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Explorer
@Priglayn73 @Courtney_J Before lockdown I had started doing water aerobics once a week and it did me a world of good. I think being in water helps with movement and it holds your weight for you so it's less painful but it's a real workout too! Now that things are closed and I'm staying at home I've mostly been walking. I haven't tried biking as I think I have too much fatigue for that, but I'm sure that's good for you too!
Priglayn73
Priglayn73
Last activity on 29/10/2020 at 15:41
Joined in 2020
6 comments posted | 6 in the Multiple sclerosis Forum
Rewards
-
Explorer
@Cegreyplay51 thank you, I'll look into water aerobics. I'd thought about swimming too, but was waiting for things to reopen.
231Joofeyr
Good advisor
231Joofeyr
Last activity on 11/03/2026 at 17:15
Joined in 2017
22 comments posted | 21 in the Multiple sclerosis Forum
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Explorer
@Priglayn73 I really struggle with fatigue, so all I can really manage is some mild stretching and yoga. It's not much, but the stretching really helps for my spasticity and at least it's some sort of movement. I used to be very active so it's something I've had to come to terms with over the years. Keep moving if you can!
Reysee52
Good advisor
Reysee52
Last activity on 26/02/2026 at 10:50
Joined in 2020
182 comments posted | 73 in the Multiple sclerosis Forum
2 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Friend
I do weight bearing exercises every day. I love exercising. Alas I'd much prefer going to a gym that's lost as I dont have transport to go. Hope everyone is doing well cheers x
Reysee52
Good advisor
Reysee52
Last activity on 26/02/2026 at 10:50
Joined in 2020
182 comments posted | 73 in the Multiple sclerosis Forum
2 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Friend
As a former personal trainer I keep myself as fit as I can be. Alas ms does make it more difficult the fatigue is the worst symptom. Seems to stop me in my tracks. Xx
Give your opinion
Members are also commenting on...
Articles to discover...
17/09/2025 | Testimonial
MS: “It's deeply linked to stress, so it's important to take care of your emotions.”
Medication fact sheets - patient opinions...
Subscribe
You wish to be notified of new comments
Your subscription has been taken into account
Priglayn73
Priglayn73
Last activity on 29/10/2020 at 15:41
Joined in 2020
6 comments posted | 6 in the Multiple sclerosis Forum
Rewards
Explorer
Hello,
I'd like to know if anyone bikes or does any other sport regularly with MS... It's a bit complicated for me but I'm trying to keep going... What do you all do?
MissMS x