Multiple sclerosis Forum

•  1,948 members
  •  227 discussions

How to establish the right diagnosis of multiple sclerosis? How to avoid a flare-up? Where is the current medical research? Join our patient community and family members of patients! Thousands of people are waiting for you to share information, exchange experiences and provide you with advice and support.

Medical fact sheet

Multiple sclerosis

Good morning 😁

I've seen positive posts regarding copaxone, but it didn't fare well for me being on it. Was on it for 5 years, then tried on tysabri after I had new lesions on my spine (c3/c4) but I couldn't take more than the 1 dose because I'm JCV positive. So, back on copaxone I went for a few months before I had a status epilepticus event and was hospitalised for 27 days. I was given IV prednisolone, and I continued the copaxone injections until I got a call from my MS nurse telling me to stop my copaxone on X date, as my neuro had enough evidence to get me on ocrevus! It's a wonder drug! And now I'm looking at going on kesimpta later this year! Sure, I'll be doing self injections again, but at least it's only once monthly, apart from my starter doses, rather than 3 times a week 48 hours apart 😅

But, do what feels best in your heart and mind. You can always ask to change drugs if you don't feel its working enough 🫂 good luck ❤️

See the best comment

Give your opinion