What is your MS story? Let's share!

https://www.carenity.co.uk/static/themes-v3/default/images/en/header/multiple-sclerosis.jpg

Patients Multiple sclerosis

8 answers

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hello everyone, 

How are you feeling today? emoticon cute

I thought I would open this discussion so we can all get to know one another better!

So, what is your MS story? How and when were you diagnosed? Which type of MS do you have? How are you doing today? What medications or treatments have you tried? Do you have any advice to share with someone newly diagnosed with MS?
@Miss.MS@Rolley5@VickiD@Emma123@Emma1024@shunt999@Zombieapplebaby@madsheep71@Tilly68@Bern50@Meggie333@182614@Diva360@Charlie12345@Harps10@Jemgavlaa@Fl33tw00d@thembrough@EmilieH@Kareema‍ 

Feel free to introduce yourself and share your story here! 

Take care,
Courtney

Beginning of the discussion - 15/07/2020

Posted on

@Courtney_J Hi Courtney, I've been on this site for a few years now, but I also do think it would be nice to get to know one another! I've had RRMS for at least a decade now and it was quite a shock to me when I was diagnosed. I used to be a very active and fit person. I'm doing alright generally, I may be making a change in my medicines so I'm both a bit worried and hopeful about it. Hope everyone is well! xx

Posted on

Got my first haircut on Saturday so feel good a sense of normality!! How do others feel? 

Posted on

Brilliant I had my hair coloured and trimmed. Some sort of normality feels good. Take care x

Posted on

I was 24yr old when I noticed I couldnt feel nothing wait down. I had a baby to care for that was 1979. I was diagnosed in 1991 as I couldnt move to get out of bed. Alas all that changed when I started working in a gym. Didnt have one symptom. I' have SSPM now. I've had ms forty yrs. Can still walk alas very slowly still exercise on days I feel able to. How about others hope your ms is behaving xx

Posted on

Hi everyone, I've had MS for almost 15 years. I was first diagnosed with RRMS after having vision and balance troubles. My doctor recently told me that it has transitioned to SPMS, so I've been feeling a bit down. I've also started having spasticity in my legs, so that has been an adjustment. Hope you all are coping! 

Posted on

Hi lady Mary hope your coping with recent diagnosis. Only the patient can control ms minimizing any additional stress. Your doing brilliantly love. We all need to tell ourselves we can do it. Sure we get days when we feel like throwing in the towel. Sheer determination keeps us fighting ms. Hoping one day theres a cure good luck xx

Posted on

Hello, I've just recently joined the site! I was diagnosed what feels like forever ago (going on 10 years I think?) and it was very hard for me. I was very active before, but when I started having vision and balance problems I had to give up at lot of that. I had a difficult time accepting it - the diagnosis and then coming to terms with what it would mean for me. I still have bad days where I feel depressed about the things I can't manage anymore and the what-ifs about where I would be in my life if I hadn't gotten MS. I'm lucky that my family is supportive and now that I've found this group! Praying for a cure as well!

Posted on

Bless you  Ms Maven I too felt like yourself. I seemed to accept the relapsing ms. Then it turned into secondary I was scared stiff. I plod on doing my best come on love dont give in you can do it. We are all a tough bunch